Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Thinking Irish

We will be heading for Berlin early tomorrow morning and saying goodbye to Ireland. Here are some of the things I've learned:

The weather is worse than in Pittsburgh.
Guinness is good for you.
Guinness makes you pooh.
Irish women, on the whole, are very underwhelming.
Irish beer, on the whole, is a way of life.
Walking with Nate is often difficult.
I walk behind him, he goes super fast and I must jog to keep up.
I walk in front of him, he steps on my feet repeatedly.
I buy clock radio, he cannot afford. Great success.
Irish people are really friendly. I have no bad things to say here.
Galway is cooler than Dublin. By far.
Irish love the gamble. There's a betting window every block.
Traveling makes you hungry. And tired.
Curry on French Fries is actually pretty tasty.
If I lived in Ireland I'd be a happy fellow.

After good fun in Galway yesterday, which Nate already chronicled, we took a bus back to Dublin this morning. I played DS and snoozed and Nate conked out the whole way. It is so hard to get enough sleep right now. We dropped our stuff off at the hostel and then walked to the Guinness Storehouse and Brewery. It really was a great little tour. Self-guided, we took our time and saw/read a lot of interesting stuff about the process and history of the place. Definitely worth the price of admission (about 10 euro) and a great thing to do in Dublin. Stopped at a pub on the way back just to look around and then got a meal. The food so far has been fantastic. Now we're going to head back to the hostel and chill/sleep. Early departure be damned. Next update will be from Berlin.

Cheers,
Levi

2 comments:

Jo said...

Levi,
You could patent a new laxitive,Guinness based of course, and call it Git er Done Guinness. What happened to boy I'm glad I got the beer drinking out of my system before Europe? I think you meant to say boy I'm glad I got myself primed before Europe.
Hugs

Unknown said...

YOU LOVE CURRY