Monday, May 14, 2007

Dublin

We arrived to find rainy conditions on the emerald isle. I was still feeling a little under the weather; I've been a meal and a night of sleep behind since Shan Nicole's in Hollidaysburg the other night when Dane and I split like 9 pitchers. We got to our hostel and I was very impressed as it was quite clean and cozy despite the fact that we are in a dorm style accommodation rather than our own individual room. We've met all the people in the room and they were all friendly. A couple of the girls are loud and talk too much but I guess that can be expected because well, theyre girls.

We got a good meal and I finally felt fulfilled after downing some chicken and fries along with some fried banana and pineapple. Then we headed back to the hostel and I took a nap for a few hours that was interrupted like 90820934 times by the aforementioned broads. Thanks broads.

Feeling moderately revived Nater and I headed out on the town towards Temple Bar and found a sweet pub/restaurant called Gogarty's. We ran into two of the quieter girls from the hostel and went to the 2nd floor where they had live music. This was a tremendous upgrade from the soft rock and pop blaring on the first floor of the bar. We ended up staying for like 3 hours and drank lots. It was awesome, the people were great (met two women who grew up in Homestead and talked to a group of guys from Madrid) and music enlivened us. We stopped for some fast food after as we were starving. It was terrible but I'm not hungry anymore.

Heading to Galway early tomorrow morning for more of the same shenanigans I reckon before heading back here to Dublin to check out the Guinness factory, etc.

Cheers and love,

Levi

No comments: