Thursday, May 24, 2007

I just want to say that I haven't laughed so hard or so loud as when I got an email from Nate about five minutes ago saying that he was in Wels on the wrong day. Whamboozled. Everyone in the internet cafe looked at me like I was crazy. I didn't even attempt to explain. Nice work Nater. I knew you had it in ya.

I spent the day walking around Vienna with a guy from our hostel named Chris. He just finished pilot training and is traveling Europe by himself for a while. We walked into the Museum Quartier and saw the outside of a lot of museums and the inside of a few churches before we went to St. Stephan's Cathedral. I actually took pictures for once because Nate wasn't there. I doubt I'll load them but the place was enormous and mind-boggling.

We then went to one of the many museums. It had Egyptian, Greek, and Roman exhibits, but I put most of my attention towards the paintings. They had 3 rooms of stuff by Rubens, plus some works by Velazquez, Vermeer, Van Eyck, Caravaggio, Titian, etc. Very good stuff. I'm pretty tired so I'm gonna go take a nap until Nate gets back from his nature hike.

Mom, check your email.

Cheers,

Levi

No comments: